Virginia E-ZPassWatch the Video
The Dulles Greenway and your Virginia E-ZPass make your commute easier, quicker and better.
An E-ZPass is an automatic, electronic toll collection system that quickly moves traffic through toll facilities in Virginia. A motorist with an E-ZPass transponder mounted on the inside of the windshield or on the license plate can travel through E-ZPass toll lanes and the toll will be automatically deducted from a pre-paid account. Virginia E-ZPass is owned and operated by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
Looking to obtain a Virginia E-ZPass?
To obtain a Virginia E-ZPass contact E-ZPass Virginia at their toll free number 1-877-762-7824, or visit their website at www.ezpassva.com. Customer Service Representatives are available from 7 am – 7 pm Monday thru Friday. E-ZPass Virginia has opened a new office in Northern Virginia located at 610 Herndon Parkway, Suite 900, Herndon VA 20170.
Get Your E-ZPass Today!Order E-ZPass Now
If you encounter a problem with you Virginia E-ZPass transponder
- Check your account to ensure adequate funds available (www.ezpassva.com)
- Your transponder’s battery could be running low contact the service center for a replacement transponder (www.ezpassva.com)
- Your transponder is improperly mounted. Transponders must be properly mounted in order to ensure operations at lane level.
For Proper operation, make sure the transponder is mounted as follows:
- Identify the front face of the transponder. It displays the E-ZPass label and two upward pointing arrows. This side faces the driver with the arrows pointing toward the roof of the vehicle.
- Identify the position in your vehicle in which the transponder will be mounted. The preferred location is between the exposed edge of the windshield (roof line) and the rear view mirror post. If there is insufficient room, the transponder should be mounted behind the rearview mirror.
- Having determined the mounting position in your vehicle, clean the inside surface of the windshield. Carefully remove the red protective backing from the Dual Lock ™ mounting strips on the rear of the transponder. Firmly press the rear of the transponder against the glass. Maintain pressure for about 15 seconds to achieve a good bond. The transponder may be removed by lifting any one corner with sufficient pressure to separate the Dual Lock™ strips.
Do not remove the Dual Lock™ strips and reuse them. Please obtain new strips from the Smart-Tag/E-ZPass Customer Service Center (www.ezpassva.com).