Weeknight Detour of Dulles Greenway for Silver Line Construction Dec 19th & 20th
On or about Tuesday, Dec. 19 at 11 p.m. through Wednesday, Dec. 20 at 5 a.m. (backup date: Wednesday, Dec. 20 at 11 p.m. through Thursday, Dec. 21 at 5 a.m.), the westbound Dulles Greenway between Old Ox Road and the Loudoun County Parkway will be detoured to secondary roadswhile Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project crews set a pedestrian bridge that will provide access over the highways to the Silver Line's Loudoun Gateway Station. See details below and Figure 1 on the next page.
WESTBOUND DULLES GREENWAY: Tuesday, Dec. 19 at 11 p.m. through Wednesday, Dec. 20 at 5 a.m.
- Single lane closures on the westbound Dulles Greenway will begin at 8 p.m. near the mainline toll booth and transition to multi-lane closures, including the two far left toll booths at the mainline toll plaza. The mainline toll booth gates will be open and no toll will be charged at this location.
- At 11 p.m., all traffic on the westbound Dulles Greenway will exit the highway at Old Ox Road (Route 606) East.
- The ramps to the westbound Dulles Greenway eastbound and westbound Old Ox Road will be closed.
- At the top of the ramp, proceed straight across Old Ox Road to Moran Road, then turn right to continue on Moran Road.
- Turn left onto Broderick Drive, then turn left onto Waxpool Road.
- Turn left onto the Loudoun County Parkway.
- Continue south on the Loudoun County Parkway to return to the westbound Dulles Greenway, proceeding through the toll booths, where tolls will be charged.
Figure 1: Traffic on the westbound Dulles Greenway will be detoured between Old Ox Road and the Loudoun County Parkway.
All work is weather dependent and subject to change.
Drivers are asked to use caution and pay attention to all signage and barricades. Large, slow-moving vehicles may be exiting and entering the highway at various times.
A 24/7 emergency hotline is available for Phase 2 Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project construction-related issues: 844-385-7245. For general project information: www.dullesmetro.com or 703-572-0506.