WE NEED YOUR HELP! PLEASE remain alert to changing conditions, expect the unexpected, watch for slow moving vehicles and heavy construction equipment, and obey all signage. VDOT provides the following “rules of the road” when approaching a work zone:
- Drive at the posted speed limit. The fine for speeding in a work zone can be $500.
- Proceed with extreme caution. Expect anything in construction sites.
- Be aware – especially of construction vehicles moving in and out of work zones.
- Obey signs, channelizing devices and pavement markings. They will guide you through the work zones.
- Leave plenty of room between your vehicle and others around you. Unexpected stops frequently occur in work zones.
- Watch for flaggers. Their direction will get you safely through the work zones.
- Look for changes. A work zone might have changed since your last trip.
- Please watch out for highway workers. Each person is somebody’s loved one.
Any activity that has the potential to affect traffic is announced, in advance of the work, to the public and the media in regular bulletins, including weekly forecasts. To receive that information via email, please sign up at http://dullesmetro.com/news-and-updates/traffic-alerts/sign-up-form/or regularly check the project website: www.dullesmetro.com.